DENTAL NURSE CPD COURSES ONLINE
Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’ regardless of occupation, age or educational level.
GDC registered dental nurses are required to complete 50 hours of verifiable CPD during your 5 year cycle (there is a requirement for you to do a minimum of 10 hours CPD in every two consecutive CPD years). Dental nurses are required to have a personal development plan which incorporates reflective learning. You must align your CPD activity with specific development outcomes.
Enhanced CPD Scheme Requirements:
The Enhanced CPD scheme was introduced in 2018. It sets out CPD requirements for all registered dental professionals. To comply you will need to:
- Complete the minimum number of verifiable CPD hours for your professional title (the higher number for those with multiple titles) in each five-year cycle.
- Spread CPD across your five-year cycle by completing a minimum of 10 hours of CPD in every two-year period, including when you end one CPD cycle and start a new one.
- Make a CPD statement as part your annual renewal of registration, by making either an annual or end of cycle statement, even if you have not completed any CPD during that year.
- Ensure your CPD is relevant to your field(s) of practice.
You will start your first CPD cycle at the start of your first full year of registration with the GDC. CPD years are as follows:
- For dentist 1 January to 31 December.
- For dental care professionals (all titles) 1 August to 31 July.
- Temporary registrants, as per your directions.