Who’s it for: Adult Learners (16+)
Duration: 1 Year
Study Method: Classroom
Lessons: 2 sessions a month, 2-4 hours each.
Location: University of Greenwich
Greenwich students Union, Dreadnought Building, 30 Park Row, Greenwich Peninsula, London, SE10 9JH.
Awarding Body: National Exam Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN)
Tuition Fees: £1800 (excludes NEBDN examination fees)
Exam Fee: £485 NEBDN Fees Schedule 2019
Finance: Pay monthly installments plan is available.
You do not need any specific academic qualifications to begin studying and working as a trainee dental nurse. However, we prefer you to have some GCSEs, including English. Your skills and general suitability for the work are also important. Applications are welcomed from all UK or EU nationals, and international students subject to visa status.
Routes to training:
NEBDN Course Content:
- Structure of the Dental Profession
- The Dental Nurse
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Health and Safety in the Dental workplace
- General Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Emergencies
- Microbiology and Pathology
- Infection Control and Cleanliness
- Head and Neck Anatomy
- Oral Anatomy and Physiology
- Oral Disease
- Oral Health Assessment and Diagnosis
- Oral Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Pain and Anxiety Control
- Restorative Dentistry
- Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery
- Extended Duties of the Dental Nurse